1. Power on
Open the charging case, and the earbuds will automatically turn on.
2. Power off
After placing the earbuds into the charging case and closing the lid, they will disconnect from Bluetooth and turn off within 1 second.
Note: When opening the charging case for the first time, please remove the insulation sticker on the charging pins between the earbuds and the charging case.
How to wear earbuds:
1. Remove the earbuds from the charging case.
2. Rotate the earbuds along the outer edge of your ear to ensure that they are snug against your ear.
3. You can adjust the earbuds by rotating them for better comfort and stability.
4. In addition, we also provide ear tips that can be attached to the end of the earbuds to increase stability by fitting snugly against the earlobe.
The default touch controls are as follows:
You can also customize the touch controls in the EMEET TUNE app.
LED indicator explanations
For the earbuds:
Charging: Green LED flashes
Fully charged: LED off
Pairing: Blue LED flashes
Pairing successful: Blue LED is on for 5s then off
High battery level of charging case: Green LED illuminates and goes off after 3 seconds when the lid opens/closes
Low battery level of charging case: Red LED illuminates and goes off after 3 seconds when the lid opens/closes
Earbuds in/out reminder: Slow flashing of green LED when the earbuds are put in or taken out
For the UV sterilization button/indicator:
Sterilizing: Purple breath LED
Sterilization complete: Green LED is on for 5 seconds then off
Sterilization failed/interrupted: Purple LED flashes for 3 seconds then off
How to connect earbuds via Bluetooth to a device？
1. Connect to a mobile phone
Put both earbuds in the charging case and press and hold the touchpad on both earbuds until the status indicator light on the outside of the charging case flashes blue, indicating that the earbuds are in Bluetooth pairing mode.
On your mobile phone, select EMEET AirFlow from the list of available Bluetooth devices to pair.
Once the connection is established, the light on the charging case will turn steady blue.
2. Connect to a PC computer
Insert the included USB dongle into a USB port on your computer. The dongle will automatically connect to the earbuds.
The status indicator light on the dongle will flash blue, indicating that it is in pairing mode.
Once the connection is established, the light on the dongle will turn steady blue.
How to do Bluetooth dual connection?
The earbuds can connect to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously or connect to one Dongle and one Bluetooth device simultaneously.
1. Dongle+Bluetooth connected
After connecting to phone 1, just plug the included USB Dongle into the USB port of the computer until the light of the dongle turns steady blue.
At this point, both phone 1 and the computer are connected to the earbuds.
2. Two Bluetooth Devices connected
First, you need to put the earbuds back into pairing mode by pressing the touch panel until the indicator light starts flashing.
Then, turn on the Bluetooth function of your phone 2, find and choose "EMEET AirFlow" for connection.
If you had previously connected the earbuds to phone 1, then the earbuds should already exist in the pairing device list of phone 1. In this case, simply click to connect.
Now, both phone 1 and phone 2 are connected to the earbuds.
recautions when using the earbuds in Bluetooth dual connection mode:
1. In a dual connection, the earbuds can recognize the device that is playing audio and automatically switch to the audio device that is playing.
2. When the earbuds are connected to two devices, incoming calls have a higher priority than playing music, and the current music playback will be interrupted.
3. If you need to connect a third Bluetooth device after the earbuds have connected to two devices, you will need to re-pair the earbuds, which will disconnect the current Bluetooth connection (the dongle will not disconnect) and enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
How to charge?
Put both earbuds back into the charging case to charge them.
Connect the charging case to a power source using a USB-C charging cable to charge the case
Charging: green breathing light
Fully charged: light off
How to check the battery level?
1. Check the battery level of the earbuds:
The battery level of the earbuds and the charging case can be checked in the EMEET TUNE application.
iOS users can check the battery level of the earbuds by adding the battery widget, and Android users can view the battery level of the Bluetooth earbuds.
2. Check the battery level of the charging case:
The battery level of the earbuds and the charging case can be checked in the EMEET TUNE application.
Charging case battery level status (the light will stay on for 3 seconds when opening/closing the case): green light indicates that the battery level is above 20%, and red light indicates that the battery level is below 20%.
How about the battery life of the earbuds？
EMEET AirFlow is equipped with a 58mAh battery that can provide continuous use for 8 hours when fully charged.
The charging case is equipped with a 1000mAh battery, and when paired with the earbuds, it can play for up to 40 hours.
The fully charged charging case can charge the earbuds at least 4 times.
Fast charge: Charging the earbuds in the case for 5 minutes can provide 1 hour of playback time.
How to use UV sterilization?
Our earbuds charging case features built-in UV light that can eliminate 99.9% of common bacteria found on earbuds, such as E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus, in just 1 minute.
1. Automatic sterilization
When the sterilization conditions are met, and the charging case is connected to USB charging, it will automatically start UV sterilization within 2 seconds.
2. Manual sterilization
When the sterilization conditions are met, press and hold the UV button for 2 seconds to manually start UV sterilization within 2 seconds.
3. Sterilization conditions
The charging case is in the charging state or the battery level of the charging case is above 20%;
One or two earbuds are placed in the charging case;
The charging case is in the closed state.
All three conditions must be met to start the sterilization function.
The sterilization stops immediately when the cover of the charging case is opened during the sterilization process;
Pressing and holding the sterilization button for 2 seconds during the sterilization process will not activate the sterilization.
How to use the detachable microphone boom?
1. Inserting the microphone boom:
Take out any earbuds and the microphone boom from the charging case. Check the microphone boom and earbud microphone interface to ensure there are no foreign objects.
Align the plug of the microphone boom with the earbud microphone interface until the metal part of the plug of the microphone boom is completely inserted into the interface. Otherwise, it may affect the pickup effect.
2. Removing the microphone boom
When the microphone is not needed, it can be removed from the earbud interface. Please do not pull too hard to avoid damaging the microphone or earbud.
After removal, it is recommended to put the microphone boom back into the charging case slot to avoid loss or damage.
How to use the microphone mute button?
When you are on a call or using the microphone, you can use the microphone mute button to quickly cut off audio output and achieve mute.
A short press is enough to control mute/unmute of the microphone.
Please note that the button is not effective when the microphone is not in use.
When connecting the earbuds to a computer, how to select the audio input and output?
Note: Please use the EMEET USB dongle to connect to the computer for configuration.
1. Mac computer settings: Open System Preferences - Sound - click on the Input tab, then select (EMEET Air Flow) as the default microphone device - click on the Output tab, then select (EMEET Air Flow) as the default speaker device.
2. Windows computer settings: Open Settings - select Sound Settings - select output device (EMEET Air Flow) - select input device (EMEET Air Flow).
How to download the APP?
Simply search for EMEET TUNE in your phone's app store, and you can find the app and download it from there.
Please note that we currently support the following app stores:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
Xiaomi App Store
You can search and download the EMEET TUNE app from these app stores.
How to search and connect to headphones through the app?
Firstly, connect your device to the headphones. You can refer to "How to connect earbuds via Bluetooth to a device" for specific instructions.
Next, download the exclusive earbuds app EMEET TUNE.
Once you open the app, it will automatically connect to the earbuds.
How to upgrade the firmware of the headphones?
1. Connect the earbuds, open the EMEET TUNE app and enter the app.
2. Go to earbuds settings and check the current version of the earbuds (a red dot indicates that there is a new version).
3. If the app detects a new version, follow the upgrade steps to upgrade the firmware.
1. Please keep your phone battery level above 20%
2. Please keep your earbuds battery level above 20%
3.Keep your earbuds outside the charging case
How to upgrade the firmware of the EMEET TUNE APP?
Click the "Settings" button to enter the Settings page. You can check the current version number here.
To upgrade the app, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "About this APP".
2. If there's a new version available, click "Update" to start the upgrade process.
3. Once the upgrade is complete, you can start using the latest version of EMEET TUNE.
How to reset earbuds?
On the device side, please place both earbuds in the charging case, then press and hold the touch control area on both earbuds for 10 seconds.
This will restore the earbuds to the factory settings and clear the pairing records with your phone's Bluetooth (Dongle is retained).
Please connect your phone's Bluetooth, download the EMEET TUNE APP, and perform a factory reset from there.
What should I do if my earbuds cannot connect to the device?
1. Activate Bluetooth: Ensure the Bluetooth feature on your mobile device is enabled. If not, please turn it on.
2. Check the Battery: Ascertain that your earbuds have sufficient battery life and are accurately paired and connected in your device's Bluetooth settings.
3. Reset the Earbuds: The earbuds come with a reset function that can address some software issues. Refer to the "Earbuds Reset" section for the procedure.
4. Device Pairing: Bring your earbuds as close as possible to your phone during pairing. Then, turn on the earbuds and enter Bluetooth pairing mode (refer to "Connecting a New Device"). In your phone's Bluetooth settings, search for EMEET AirFlow and pair it.
5. Forget the Device and Re-pair: If you've previously connected to these earbuds but can't connect now, try unpairing them in your device's Bluetooth settings, then re-pairing them.
What should I do if my earbuds won't charge?
1. Inspect Charger and Charging Cable: Initially, confirm that your charger and charging cable are functioning properly. You can try charging other gadgets to assure there are works as expected; please choose the original charging cable that came with your earbuds.
2. Correctly Position the Earbuds: Remove any insulation stickers on the charging terminals of the earbuds, and ensure that the earbuds are appropriately placed within the charging case; reinsert and see if the charging case LEDs behaviour changes.
3. Clean Charging Contacts: Dirty or dusty charging contacts may hinder charging. Use a clean cloth or cotton swab to gently clear the charging contacts on your earbuds and inside the charging case.
4. Assess the Battery: If the earbuds have been used for a significant period, the battery may have aged preventing the earbuds from charging successfully. In this case, the battery or the entire earbuds may need to be replaced.
5. Reset the Earbuds: Most earbuds come with a reset function that can resolve some software issues. Consult the "Earbuds Reset" section for instructions.
What should I do if my earbuds won't power on?
1. Check the Battery Level: Inspect the battery level of the earbuds and the charging case. Open the charging case, and see if there is an LED light flashing.
2. Charge your Earbuds: Make sure your earbuds' battery is fully charged. Insufficient battery power may cause failure in powering on the earbuds.
3. Inspect for Physical Damage: Examine the earbuds for any distinct physical damage, such as cracks, ruptures, or burn marks. These conditions could potentially prevent the earbuds from powering on.
What should I do if one side of my earbuds has no sound?
1. Re-pair Your Earbuds: Begin by pairing the earbuds with your device anew. First, remove the earbuds' connection record in your device's Bluetooth settings, and then re-pair the earbuds with the device as per the instructions in the user manual.
2. Check the Volume Settings: Make sure that the volume on both the device and the earbuds has been adjusted to an appropriate level.
3. Clean the Earbuds: The earbuds' speaker might be obstructed by dust or earwax, impeding sound production. Gently clean the earbuds using a soft cloth or a cotton swab.
4. Reset the Earbuds: Most earbuds come with a reset function that can resolve certain software anomalies. Consult the "Earbuds Reset" section for instructions.
5. Inspect for Physical Damage: If there is evident physical damage to the earbuds such as cracks, ruptures, or burn marks, this could potentially be the reason the earbuds are unable to produce sound.
What should I do if the earbuds produce no sound when connected to two devices?
1. Check Bluetooth Connection: Confirm that the earbuds have connected properly to the devices. You might need to unpair it in the device's Bluetooth settings and then re-establish the pairing.
2. Check Device Settings: Ensure that the device has been configured in such a way that the audio output is directed to the specified device. Confirm that the device has designated the EMEET AirFlow earbuds as the output for audio.
3. Verify Volume Settings: Ascertain that the volume on both the devices and the earbuds has been adjusted to suitable levels.
4. Update Device Software: Check if both the device and the earbuds are operating on the latest software.
5. Reset the Earbuds: Majority of earbuds come equipped with a reset function that can resolve potential software issues. Refer to the "Earbuds Reset" section for instructions.
6. Check Earbuds' Battery Level: Make sure that the earbuds' battery level is sufficiently high.
7. Attempt Single Device Connection: If issues persist with the dual connection, try disconnecting one device and establishing a connection with only one device to determine if the issue is resolved.
What should I do if the volume of the earbuds is too low?
1. Adjust the Volume: Please sync the volume settings or increase the overall volume.
2. Change Volume Settings: Inspect the volume settings of your audio device, making sure there are no restrictions on the volume settings.
3. Lower Environmental Noise: Use open-back headphones in as quiet an environment as possible to reduce the impact of environmental noise on the volume.
4. Reset the Earbuds: Earbuds often come equipped with a reset function designed to troubleshoot certain software issues. Consult the "Earbuds Reset" section for precise instructions.
5. Clean the Earbuds: The speaker on your earbuds may be blocked by dust or earwax, impeding their output. Use a soft cloth or a cotton swab to gently clear any obstructions.
What should I do if the audio quality of the earbuds is poor?
1. EQ Settings: Adjust diverse equalizer settings or personalize settings in the EMEET TUNE APP;
2. Check Audio Source: The quality of the audio is also influenced by the quality of the source. Utilize an audio source of high quality.
3. Reset the Earbuds: Earbuds often come with a reset function designed to resolve certain software issues. Please refer to the "Resetting Earbuds" section for instructions.
4. Clean the Earbuds: Use a cotton swab dipped lightly in alcohol or a clean brush to gently clean the metal mesh filter.
What should I do if the call is not clear or is intermittent?
1. Check Your Network: If you're using internet telephony or video conferencing software, the quality of your network connection may affect the clarity of the call. Attempt to use the earbuds in different network environments to see if the problem persists.
2. Examine the Earbuds and the mic Boom : Ascertain that the earbuds are correctly positioned. Confirm there is no obvious physical damage, and the interface of the mic boom is fully inserted.
3. Check Device Settings: Within the sound settings of your device, verify that the earbuds have been designated as the default input and output devices.
4. Test with Other Devices: Try connecting the earbuds to another device or switch to the microphone on your phone to make a call and see if the issue still exists. This can help determine whether the issue is with the earbuds or the device.
5. Check Earbuds Software Version: Upgrade your earbuds' firmware to the latest version using the EMEET TUNE application.
What should I do if the microphone is not picking up sound after the mic boom is inserted?
1. Inspect the Earbuds and mic Boom : Make sure the earbuds are correctly placed. Verify there's no obvious physical damage and that the mic boom's interface is fully plugged in.
2. Review Device Settings: Within your device's sound settings, ensure that the selected audio output is set to "EMEET AirFlow" and turn up the device's volume.
3. Clean the Mic Boom: Confirm there's no obstruction in the mic boom of the earbuds. If there is, try cleaning gently with a cotton swab lightly dipped in alcohol.
4. Reset the Earbuds: Earbuds come equipped with a resetting function to resolve various software difficulties. Refer to the "Resetting Earbuds" section for procedures.
What should I do if the mic boom cannot mute?
1. Inspect the Earbuds and the Mic Boom: Confirm there is no physical damage to the mic boom and that it is fully inserted into the earbuds.
2. Check Device Settings: Within your device's sound settings, make sure that the earbuds are set as the default input device, and that the mute option isn't selected.
3. Test with Other Devices: Try connecting the earbuds to a different device to see if the mic boom's mute function works properly. This can assist in identifying if the problem resides with the earbuds or the device.
What should I do if there's a latency issue between the earbuds and the associated device?
1. Employ a Specialized EMEET Dongle: It is advocated to use an EMEET Dongle, specifically designed for compatibility with the earbuds, to diminish audio delays. The strategic use of the EMEET Dongle provides a superior, steady connection with the earbuds.
2. Terminate Redundant Applications: If numerous applications operate simultaneously, they might exhaust substantial processing resources, thereby instigating audio lag. Consider terminating unnecessary applications.
3. Upgrade Software for the Device and Earbuds: Endeavor to upgrade to the latest software or drivers for your device and earbuds to optimize performance.
4. Mitigate Wireless Interference: The functionality of wireless earbuds might be compromised by other wireless devices, culminating in audio transmission delays. Consider bringing devices in closer proximity, or distancing the earbuds from other potential wireless interferences.
What to do in case of a failure in updating the earbuds' firmware?
When you connect the earbuds to the EMEET TUNE app, you'll receive notifications once a new firmware version is detectable.
Make certain to keep the earbuds outside the charging case and ensure a continuous connection until the firmware update is completed.
During the update, confirm that both your earbuds and mobile have sufficient power.If successful upgrading is not possible, please attempt the following:
1. Ascertain that the battery of the earbuds is adequately charged.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the EMEET TUNE application.
3. Attempt to update the firmware within stable network conditions, utilizing a different mobile device, and observe if this provides any relief.
How to rightly utilize earbuds to protect one's hearing?
1. Control of Volume: The magnitude of the music’s volume should be maintained below 60% of the maximum volume. Listening to music for prolonged durations, particularly at high volume, can potentially culminate in hearing loss.
2. Duration Limitation: The length of each session utilizing earbuds to listen to music should not exceed 60 minutes. You should take intermittent rest periods, allowing your ears an opportunity for recovery.
3. Selection of Appropriate Earbuds: Choosing closed-back or noise-cancelling earbuds can mitigate background noise, thereby negating the need to increase volume excessively. In-ear earbuds may pose a greater risk for hearing loss as compared to over-ear earbuds due to their design which delivers sound directly into the ear canal.
4. Maintaining Hygiene: Regularly cleansing your earbuds can aid in avoiding infections in the ears.
How to preclude discomfort in the ears during the usage of earbuds?
1. Selecting the Suitable Earbuds: In-ear earbuds might induce pressure within the ear canal, whilst over-ear earbuds could potentially cause overheating in the ears. As much as is feasible, opt for open-back headphones to safeguard the health of your ear canals.
2. Periodic Rests: Every so often, such as every hour, allow your ears to recuperate by taking a break and removing the earbuds.
3. Control of Volume: Endeavor to maintain a lower volume as far as possible; refrain from prolonged durations of listening to music or dialogue at high volumes.
4. Maintaining Hygiene: Regularly cleanse your earbuds to avoid infections within the ears.
Recommended Volume Levels
In a serene environment, the volume ought to be retained below 60% of the maximum limit.
Recommended Duration for Earbud Use
Each interval of earbud utilization should not exceed 60 minutes.
Proper Techniques for Ear Care
1. Avoid Noise: Prolonged exposure to high-decibel noise is a principal cause of hearing impairment. This includes extended periods of music listening utilizing earbuds, particularly at excessive volume levels.
2. Monitor Your Hearing: Should your ears or hearing acuity exhibit discomfort, seek a timely audiological evaluation from a qualified institution. This can help expedite the detection and management of potential auditory issues.
3. Avoid Cotton Swabs for Ear Cleaning: Although prevalent, the use of cotton swabs may inadvertently force earwax further inwards, precipitating possible blockages. If you perceive a sensation of a foreign object in your ear, it's suggested to seek assistance from a medical professional.
4. Keep the Ears Dry: Damp environs serve as fertile breeding grounds for bacteria; prolonged moisture could give rise to otitis externa. Thus, ensure your ears are dry after bathing or swimming.
5. Healthy Lifestyle: Both smoking and hypertension may inflict harm on your hearing capability. Adopting a healthy lifestyle devoid of smoking, alongside blood pressure management, serves to protect your auditory function.
The Rationale Behind Auditory Protection Alerts
Taking into consideration data from the World Health Organization, continuous exposure to noises exceeding 85 decibels for eight hours, or 100 decibels for fifteen minutes, could potentially result in auditory damage. Thus, auditory protection alerts have been initiated to safeguard the user's auditory nerves.
In addition, earphones are now equipped with long-term usage notifications; should they be utilized for periods extending beyond two hours, the affiliated application will emit an alert reminding the user to rest.
The Imperative for Sterilization
Earphones, being electronic gadgets that come into contact with one's ears, their surfaces may be contaminated by an assortment of microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. These microbes hold the potential to instigate various ailments, such as otitis externa (ear canal infections). Therefore, sterilizing earphones is of utmost necessity.
The Pertinence of Ultraviolet (UV) Sterilization
1. Ultraviolet (UV) light has been extensively applied in the disinfection and sterilization of objects, via the mechanism of impairing the DNA or RNA of microbes, rendering them incapable of reproduction, thereby achieving its sanitizing goal. Consequently, earphones equipped with UV sterilization functionality are, in theory, capable of effective disinfection.
2. It's crucial to note, however, that the efficacy of UV sterilization is contingent upon the intensity of the UV light and the duration of exposure. Should the UV intensity be insufficient or the exposure time inadequate, it may not effectively eradicate all microorganisms. Additionally, UV light is only able to neutralize areas it directly illuminates, meaning parts of the earphones that are obscured may not be effectively sanitized.
3. Hence, while UV sterilization can serve as an auxiliary cleaning measure, it should not be solely relied upon. It's necessary to periodically wipe the earphones with a damp cloth or alcohol swab, particularly in instances where discomfort or signs of infection are felt following their use.
4. Lastly, it is imperative to underscore that UV light can inflict damage on the human body, including skin burns and eye injury. Therefore, safety must be a priority when employing UV sterilization apparatuses.
5. Following a UV sterilization process, allow approximately 10-15 minutes before recommencing use.